These days, I focused on fine art image projects, most recently in black & white. Many of these are on view on this site. While these images start as photographs, they become something more interesting and complex through post processing. It might be better called image design and not photography.
In the recent years, I've done a variety of photography work, written non-fiction articles for magazines & web-zines and before that, was a designer & manager in hi-tech companies. For a decade, I was also a visiting lecturer at Stanford University after receiving an MFA in Design there. That was while working full time at H-P. Great fun - multi-tasking at it's best. A Southerner by birth, I now live on the coast of New Hampshire, where the weather can be cold but the people are warm.
If you'd like to see my commercial photography work, please visit www.derbyimagegroup.com. Below is a curriculum vitae of sorts.
The Derby Group, LLC - Freelance Image Maker - 2000
Program Director Business Continuity - IBM NUMA-Q Division 1998 - 2000
Infrastructure Director (IT, Real Estate, Facilities) - Sequent Computer Systems 1990 - 1998
Product Development, Manufacturing & Infrastructure Management - Hewlett-Packard, 1980 - 1998
Industrial Designer - Hewlett-Packard, Stanford Division 1969 - 1980
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Ergonomist, Designer - Xerox Corporation 1966 - 1969
Visiting Lecturer - Stanford University - Design Division - 1974-84
- Stanford University - Master Of Fine Arts - Product Design
- North Carolina State University - Bachelor of Product Design
- Stanford University - "Advanced Management College" & "Production Operations"
- International Development & Research Council - "Real Estate Economic Analysis" & "Strategic Planning"
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology / Harvard University - "Joint Program in Negotiations"
- Maine Media Workshops - Architectural Photography, Fine Art Printing
- Rochester Institute of Technology - Fine Art Photography